Sunday, May 9, 2010
The trip begins!
Day 1
We started this trip at Viengtai hotel on Rambutri, the small street next to Khaosan Road in Bangkok. We have the meeting for the trip at 6.00 pm in the hotel lobby & I was looking forward for to the meeting especially this time because so many flights were cancelled from the volcanic ash covering all over Europe. By the end of the day everyone show up just before I was there, 7 of us including me, I started talking about our intinerary and the transport, what we will be seen in this trip and what they could do and shouldn't!
For everyone it was their first time in Thailand so everything was sp new for them, culture, street rules (Thai rules!), street vendors - which is the highlight of Khaosan Road - the Tuk Tuks. After 30 mins we decided to head for dinner.
Everyone love Thai food and wanted to have local Thai favorite restaurant nearby, I decided to get them to experience Tom Yam Kung Restaurant on Khaosan Road,
For sure I have suggesting them TomYamKung, Shimp cake, and Green Curry, as this is well known in this restaurant: authentic Thai food, spicy, healthy, and definitely delicious! Of course no one talked for a while after we were all having food and sweating for hot food and hot temperature.... even though we were all happy with this feeling!
After dinner I headed back to the hotel because we have to leave early to the train station to catch the train at 8.30am so early night for me. Some of us explored Khaosan night life before we leaving Bangkok early.
We started this trip at Viengtai hotel on Rambutri, the small street next to Khaosan Road in Bangkok. We have the meeting for the trip at 6.00 pm in the hotel lobby & I was looking forward for to the meeting especially this time because so many flights were cancelled from the volcanic ash covering all over Europe. By the end of the day everyone show up just before I was there, 7 of us including me, I started talking about our intinerary and the transport, what we will be seen in this trip and what they could do and shouldn't!
For everyone it was their first time in Thailand so everything was sp new for them, culture, street rules (Thai rules!), street vendors - which is the highlight of Khaosan Road - the Tuk Tuks. After 30 mins we decided to head for dinner.
Everyone love Thai food and wanted to have local Thai favorite restaurant nearby, I decided to get them to experience Tom Yam Kung Restaurant on Khaosan Road,
For sure I have suggesting them TomYamKung, Shimp cake, and Green Curry, as this is well known in this restaurant: authentic Thai food, spicy, healthy, and definitely delicious! Of course no one talked for a while after we were all having food and sweating for hot food and hot temperature.... even though we were all happy with this feeling!
After dinner I headed back to the hotel because we have to leave early to the train station to catch the train at 8.30am so early night for me. Some of us explored Khaosan night life before we leaving Bangkok early.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment